The Beijing 2022 Winter Olympics is set to happen amid one of the world’s worst crackdowns against freedom, democracy, and human rights
- At least TWO million Uyghur, Kazakh and Uzbek Muslims are detained in “re-education camps” undergoing systematic torture, rape and political re-education.
- Illegally occupied Tibet is listed as the worst place in the world for rights, alongside Syria.
- In Hong Kong, the Chinese government has implemented a draconian National Security Bill that effectively criminalises protest and curtails any remaining human rights.
- Protests by Southern Mongolians, whose rights, language and culture being eradicated, are put down with force
- Detention & disappearance of countless Chinese lawyers, feminists & activists
- Intimidation and geopolitical bullying of Taiwan and aggression and expansion across borders – in the South China Sea and India-Tibet border – present a clear threat to regional and global security
GLOBAL RIGHTS GROUPS ARE TAKING #NoBeijing2022 ACTION.
JOIN IN - FIND A GROUP NEAR YOU
Activists upstage the 2022 Beijing Winter Olympics!
“NO GENOCIDE GAMES”
The International Olympic Committee has failed to act despite the clear evidence of GENOCIDE, WORSENING HUMAN RIGHTS and POLITICAL BULLYING
Now it is time for Governments, Sponsors and those committed to freedom and justice to say NoBeijing2022 and to push back against China’s reprehensible human rights abuses and global bullying tactics.
EU votes for diplomats to boycott China Winter Olympics over rights abuses
Guardian – 9 July
Beijing 2022 and the CCP’s ‘mutually beneficial’ relationship with the IOC president
Sinopec – 7 July
Why A China 2022 Olympics Boycott Could Save Countless Uyghur Lives
National Interest – 3 March
Airbnb asked to drop Olympic ties over China rights issues
Associated Press – 23 March